The following documents are official agreements between Lutherans around the world and the Roman Catholic church:
- a letter from our ELCA Presiding Bishop lays this out and calls us to participate
- specific resources are commended by our ELCA for congregations to use:
- "From Conflict to Communion," which is the basis for the joint commemoration and has a helpful study guide for local use;
- "Declaration on the Way: Church, Ministry, Eucharist," a pioneering ecumenical document whose statement of agreements was overwhelmingly received by the 2016 ELCA Churchwide Assembly;
- the 1999 "Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification."